Mec-Gar® Celebrates 50th Anniversary
Jun 22, 2015
Middletown, CT – Mec-Gar Srl, the largest OEM firearm magazine manufacturer in the world is celebrating 50 years of doing business internationally.
Since the company’s inception, over 100,000,000 magazines have been produced for renowned firearm brands including Ruger, Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, Springfield Armory, Taurus, Walther, Rock Island Armory, Beretta, Bersa, Browning, Kimber and many more.
“One thing that hasn’t changed through our 50 years as a company is our commitment to making the best product imaginable,” said David Kochol, Vice President of Mec-Gar USA, Inc.
“We do that by ensuring that every last piece of our firearm magazines are designed, tooled, stamped, heat-treated and finished in house to ensure that we have total control over the entire manufacturing process.
Key milestones in Mec-Gar’s history include:
• 1965 – Mec-Gar Srl founded in Gardone Val Trompia, in the Brescia province of Italy by Edoardo Racheli
• 1992 – Mec-Gar USA, Inc. founded in Middletown, CT to serve as the United States importer and supplier of magazines to customers in the USA.
• 1999 – Mec-Gar Srl expanded to a new stamping building in Gussago, in Brescia province of Italy with over 75,000 square feet of tooling and production space.
• 2013-2014 – Mec-Gar Srl introduced an automated stamping process by adding state of the art robotic stamping and welding stations.
• 2015 – Mec-Gar Srl and Mec-Gar USA launch a new consumer facing website designed to simplify the process of finding the right firearm magazine at www.mec-gar.com.
“As we look forward to the next 50 years, we plan on living up to our reputation as an industry innovator and leader day in and day out,” said Kochol.